Life moves so quickly, and I know how important it is stop and just be present with those to whom choose to be closest. My fire comes from capturing those moments of pure joy, facilitating a brief pause to allow families to reconnect, and offering a tangible piece of personal art to look back on in times to come. It is a pleasure to have met some incredible people with fascinating stories through my photography, and an honour to have developed deep friendships with these beautiful humans.
Mama Lioness of two fierce cubs, wife of a man with the most glorious mane, and daughter of the queen of the pride, I have a strong sense of tribe running through my veins. A Fen Girl at heart, you’ll normally find me marvelling at fungi, picking blackberries, and counting the galaxies. I believe beauty is not just found in the face, but in the colours of nature, the shapes of architecture, and the textures of this beautiful rock that we call home.
I spend the majority of my life fuelled by black coffee, Bowie, and Bill Murray movies, and have seen 4am more times than I did when I had newborns. But when I am invited to be a part of someone’s life journey, from engagement, to wedding, through pregnancy into a growing family, I know deep within my soul that there’s nowhere I’d rather be than behind my camera.
After taking commissions for several years I established Lauren Irving Photography in 2010. This has taken me on many great adventures to many stunning destinations both locally and internationally, working with poets, acclaimed artists, entertainers, BSL interpreters, creative collectives, and many other companies ranging from local businesses to global firms.
From poetry slams to charity sport events, ballet productions to local community workshops, I genuinely love what I do and put my heart and soul into capturing the right image.
Give your loved ones the chance to capture their own sparkle this Christmas, with a gift voucher for a family portrait experience.
– 1-2 hour photo shoot in the location of your choice
– A relaxed, fun atmosphere to ensure the most genuine smiles and happiest memories
– A password protected online gallery for you to view your images and select your favourite
– Professional editing and enhancement to bring out your family’s natural beauty
– 10in x 8in print of your favourite image (but if you can’t decide, you can always order more!)
– All presented in a lovely gift card with envelope (all you need to do is sign your name, no wrapping required!)
– The cards are valid for 12 months, so perfect if there are some new arrivals due in 2019